- This event has passed.
BURKE WARREN EMPLOYMENT LAW UPDATE WEBINAR SPRING 2023 [External Event]
May 31 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Employers of all sizes and backgrounds must remain vigilant and educated in the face of ever-changing employment law issues at the federal, state and local levels. Maintaining compliance with the complexities of new and changing labor and employment laws remains a constant challenge and necessity for employers. Burke Warren attorneys take pride in remaining current on the latest management side labor and employment law issues and in being able to educate clients and friends of the firm on the latest developments.
You are cordially invited to participate in the Burke Warren Employment Law Update Webinar (Spring 2023) set for 12:00-1:00 p.m. CT on Wed., May 31 (via Zoom). One hour of Illinois CLE credit is pending. This webinar is ideal for general counsel, CEOs, CFOs, business owners, HR directors, office managers and more. This is a FREE event!
Topics, speakers and details are as follows:
Recent BIPA Rulings, FLSA Change, and Speak Out Act
- Significant Court Rulings Impacting BIPA Compliance and Pending Claims
- Expected changes to exempt duties and overtime threshold under the FLSA
- What Employers Need to Know About the Speak Out Act
Speaker: Burke Warren partner Danielle Gould
Modern Technology’s Role in Employee Recruiting
- Potential Benefits and Harms of Artificial Intelligence in Employment Decisions
- Whether Screening Candidates’ Social Media Does More Harm Than Good
Speaker: Burke Warren partner Liz Pall
Recent Federal Action on Employment Relationships & Agreements
- FTC Proposed Rule Would Render All Non-Competes Unenforceable
- NLRB Decision Restricts Use of Overbroad Non-Disparagement and Confidentiality Clauses in Severance Agreements
- New DOL Guidance on Remote Work
Speaker(s): Burke Warren partners Blake Roter and Chris Kentra
The Illinois Paid Leave Act and Flexible Paid Time off Considerations
- Prepare for 2024 and compliance with mandatory paid leave
- The Paid Leave Act’s interaction with current policies
- Considerations regarding flexible/unlimited PTO
Speaker: Burke Warren partner Rachel Bossard
Union Organizing: What’s in your “playbook?”
- Traditional approaches - pros and cons
- Progressive approaches - pros and cons
Speaker: Burke Warren partner Ken Richman
Note: While there is no fee to participate, all attendees must register in advance.
Attendees seeking Illinois CLE credit must provide their ARDC number via the online registration form and participate individually online. One hour of Illinois MCLE credit is available for registrants that participate.
All webinar registrants will receive an email confirmation and details for online participation.