- This event has passed.
Operations Roundtable: Legal Considerations for International Contracting and Doing Business Abroad
March 10 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 amFree
Legal Considerations for International Contracting and Doing Business Abroad: A Perspective for Closely Held Businesses
This roundtable will explore common legal questions and challenges that face small and medium-size companies when doing business abroad. Even small transactions with foreign companies can raise issues that should be considered before signing on the “dotted line.”
Topics of discussion will include:
- Conducting “due diligence” on international clients and transactions
- Choice of law considerations for key markets, including China, South and Central America, and Europe
- The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG) and what it means for your business
- Incoterms®: Trade terms for international shipping, insurance, and risk of loss
- Challenges of international dispute resolution and payment collection
The discussion will be facilitated by Strategic Partners - Burke, Warren, MacKay & Serritella, P.C.
We welcome professionals from all industries and experience levels to discuss challenges and successes they're facing in their roles and to learn from their peers.
Just a note: This is a HYBRID event. Registrants will be asked if they plan to attend in person or virtually. For those attending virtually the zoom link will be sent out the day before the event.
Members and their employees receive priority registration. Only 22 spots are available.
Select your ticket type and quantity below and click "Get Tickets"