Breakfast Club: Lean Manufacturing
Join us for the upcoming breakfast club on Lean Manufacturing!
No matter what business you are in, most organizations in today’s marketplace are being asked to do more with less. Lean is a proven method to teach people how to get more value- added work accomplished with less resources – time, personnel and money.
This session will teach participants to view Lean as an overall strategy to operating their business, and offer an understanding of how to introduce the concept of Lean to all levels of the organization.
We will discuss:
- What is Lean and Lean Thinking?
- The tools of Lean
- Eight forms of waste
- How to identify & reduce and/or eliminate waste
- Little’s Law – how to improve process efficiency and effectiveness
- Understand the goals and objectives of a Lean enterprise.
- Understand management’s role and responsibilities in the implementation.
- Understand the concepts of flow, lead time, throughput and Little’s law.
- Be able to identify the eight major sources of waste and how to reduce and eliminate waste
- How the tools can apply to your own work.
Presented by Michael R. Pop
Michael R. Pop is a full-time senior consultant with Illinois BIS and has spent thirty years providing Quality Engineering, Quality Management, Lean, Lean Six-Sigma and Systems Thinking support to various industries including manufacturers, universities, not-for-profits, and healthcare organizations.
Add this event to your calendar, then register using the form below: