The 3 Most Important Letters Every Business Leader Must Know: ESG (Environmental, Social & Governance)
with Patty Rioux, ODEA
What started as an investment framework for investors to determine the non-financial value of a company has quickly turned into the lens other stakeholders – buyers, consumers, potential hires, future partners and others – are using to evaluate your business. Your Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) practices are now some of the most strategic decisions you must make. Increasingly across all age groups and industries, audiences don’t just care about what you make, or the service you provide, they care about how you go about doing so. And while that has long been the case, the recent shift is that they are now willing to actively seek out and even pay more to companies they believe are doing their part for the planet, for their people and for society.
EFBC invites you to join a hybrid breakfast club with Patty Rioux, Strategic Partner and President of ODEA. Patty will share why championing ESG is leadership’s new role and responsibility.
Join the conversation to:
- Better understand the ESG framework and how it motivates investors, buyers, consumers, potential hires and others.
- Discuss how ESG is more than sustainability, even with environmental concerns getting the majority of the attention.
- Review the mechanisms different industries are using to better define ESG measures and metrics.
- Talk about greenwashing vs. living as an ESG company, and sound a warning on the dangers of cancel culture for those who don’t take notice.
- Share some of the most important questions companies must answer as they evaluate ESG practices and the operational changes these efforts often require.
Owners, leaders, managers and operations professionals who are looking to develop and implement an ESG strategy.
About Patty Rioux, President of ODEA
For over 20 years, Patty has been a marketing strategist and writer in a variety of roles, working with a wide range of clients and teams from entrepreneurial start-ups to multi-national corporations spanning a variety of industries and B2C products.. With experience in both agency and client settings, she has the perspective of both sides of the relationship. Above all else, Patty likes to get right to work with her clients. She is at her best when translating big-picture ideas into business-driven strategy. When working with Patty, you’ll find that she isn’t one to just make recommendations, she’ll roll up her sleeves to help make things happen
Parking passes will be provided so that attendees can park at no cost in the Grant Park/Millennium Park Garage South.
Select your ticket type below and click "register now." Registrants will receive access information the day before the event.
7:30 AM: Doors Open, coffee and breakfast available
8 AM – 9:30 AM: Workshop and Q&A
9:30 AM – 10 AM – Networking
This is a free event.