President’s Message – EFBC 2017 Accomplishments
Earlier this month the EFBC Executive Committee met offsite to review the recent member satisfaction survey and to agree on our Committee’s direction for the 2017 fiscal year. As usual, I walked away that day amazed at how easy my job as President is setting up to be. I won’t bore you with the details, but here is a summary of our survey findings:
- EFBC members universally value our membership and are extremely satisfied with the overall experience.
- Specifically, our Forum experience is of the utmost importance to us and we absolutely love it. On average, we rated the importance of the Forum at 9.5 out of 10 and rated our satisfaction with our Forums at 9.3 out of 10. Those are world-class numbers! The only issue raised as it relates to Forum health is that some members would prefer more diversity in their team. You may want to discuss that at your next Forum session.
- Not surprisingly, the social activities were the least important part of EFBC (8.1), but were very highly rated (8.8).
- After that, everything else fell in between Forum and social activities in both importance and satisfaction. In other words, we appreciate and enjoy all parts of EFBC.
- The Executive Committee takeaways: stay the path, but make sure all of our committees are focused more on the quality than on the quantity of our programs.
We understand you’re being barraged with requests for feedback, so thanks to everyone who took the survey.
I’m looking forward to seeing you all at the August 17 Roots course: An Operating Manual for Family Meetings & Charters. Having spent the last seven years in a second-gen Forum, I’ve seen first-hand how important cross-generational communication is to family harmony and long-term business sustainability. If you are in a multi-generational business, grab your kid (or parent) and get to this class TOGETHER. It likely will be the single most important thing you do this year.
Until we see you August 17, stay cool and enjoy your summer.
CFBC President 2016-2017